Buffalo chicken salad with spinach, red leaf lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and creamy dill dressing
Apple
Cranberry-orange bread
Dinner was freakin' awesome, too:
D
Tacos with refried beans, spicy soy crumbles, pico de gallo and lettuce
Roasted chile-lime potatoes
Guacamole
Mango, banana, and strawberries
Yeah, I know, awesome tacos? They were. I got the soy crumbles just perfect so that Clayton said, "This tastes like real meat!" So I guess that counts as a success for me. And the fresh pico de gallo was the perfect topping, all dripping with lime. Mmm.
Cranberry-Orange Bread
2 c flour
1 c sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 c orange juice
2 T vegetable oil
1 T orange zest
1 egg replacer for one egg (such as EN-R-G Egg Replacer)
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 pecans
Mix together first five ingredients. Stir in orange juice, oil, orange zest, and egg replacer until well blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spread evenly in a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. Cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
******Angela note: I just used 2/3 cup sugar; and I used half unbleached all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. The batter does come out quite thick, but the loaves turned out beautifully.
3 comments:
I thought that you went out to dinner after a tough day. Silly me! Your Spanish confused me; I'm more into French you know.
Alfredo is going up on my blog this morn.
Whatcha been cookin', Angela?
What a coincidence... I made the recipe from the back of the cranberry bag for the bread just recently too. But mine was a total flop... it was laughable, my neighbor came over and was eyeing it and I warned her before trying it that it was bad and she agreed. I don't know what I did wrong, but yours looks delicious!
Post a Comment