Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara and vegan Italian sausage
Steamed carrots
Red leaf lettuce salad with (more) carrots
Oranges
I printed Michelle's granola recipe recently and decided to try it today. I had a lot of faith and doubled the recipe. We go through cereal fast so if it were good then I wanted to have plenty on hand. And it was good...even if I did almost burn it. Note to self: set the timer, Dingdong. I subbed sliced almonds for pinenuts and I may add some dried cranberries for the the cherries. We'll see. The kids had some after dinner tonight as "dessert."
It's a little on the toasty side but still yummy.
My new kitchen experiments here in the near future include baking with dates as a sweetener. I stayed with friends Erin and Steve last week, and Steve made us a divine date shake with soy milk, ice, frozen dates, frozen bananas, nutmeg, and cloves. The dates almost tasted like chocolate. Anyway, that reminded me that I need to experiment with dates.
You?
1 comment:
Experiment with dates? Experimental dating? Really???
I was very successful using dates as a sweetener. I loved the taste. I used the I Can't Believe This Has No Sugar (or something like that) cookbook. Annoying name because the recipes do have sugar...they just used fruit sugar.
I'm hosting a Mardi Gras dinner tonight AND I have a guest cook. I've discovered that there is nothing better (well, you know what I mean) than calling people up and inviting them over to dine when I'm not doing any of the work. I feel like a rich southern belle.
And I miss our homemade granola with rice milk. It was such a wonderful breakfast or snack at any time of day.
Post a Comment