I can't explain it. I've thought about posting. I've photographed my food with every intention of posting. I just haven't posted. Maybe this luscious mound of juicy goodness will help us all forget about my blog neglect:


The Superbored: I mean, the Superbowl: We stayed home. I made chili con queso for chips with the cheesy sauce.

I had the buffalo chick salad with dilly dressing. Clayton brought home some real wings to go with his vegan cheese dip--ha! I had to ask him, "Doesn't it gross you out a little that you are eating wings from multiple birds?"
"Let's not talk about it."
Well, by that time I had a whole story made up about Cluckles the Chicken and his one bad leg and bum wing that hangs down to there. I mean, "Cluckles!" Is that not the funniest name ever for a chicken? Sometimes the humor is just for me, folks.
We've had haystacks a lot recently. The kids think they are in Frito heaven. Tonight I made nachos with homemade refried beans, spicy soy crumbles, lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, and guacamole. Essentially a haystack with tortilla chips. I know I'm not fooling you.

Last night was delish. It has been a while since we have had a basic pasta and tomato sauce that it just tasted so good. Clayton piled his plate high three times. I did twice and regretted it. Anyway, I dumped two cans of diced tomatoes with olive oil, herbs, and garlic into a saucepan. I let that simmer a little with some red pepper flakes and a little more basil. I splashed some vodka in there to simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Then I added about 1-2 cups of cheesy sauce to make a creamy vodka sauce. Ooo, yum. Toss in hot penne and it was dinnertime! I served it with a side of green beans almondine--doesn't that just sound much prissier than green beans with almonds? I'm feeling prissy.
You?
5 comments:
That fruit looks yummy! I am wanting to cut sugar back or even out of our diet. It just seems to be in everything I make. Can you point me in the right direction of where to get started?
I know you are a busy girl but if you had a website or two that really helped you out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much!
I hope you were carded when you purchased the vodka:)
I got carded a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 39.
I enjoyed a big pile of guacomole for my Super Bowl meal. That is my heaven.
I thought of your buffalo chicken wings while making the tofu nuggets and the tofu hot wings. I don't think that either will be replacing your favorite food.
I've been too busy to cook lately, which is one reason that the volunteer work has to be handed off to someone older and wiser who doesn't have a family to take care of.
Is all your fruit fresh, or sometimes frozen?
In my current plans: peanut soup for a class on Africa this afternoon...baked shells from a great new cookbook...lasagne...lentil based enchiladas...sweet potato pancakes...a big choco-zucchini birthday cake...and some kind of burger to put in the lovely little gluten-free burger buns that I bought yesterday. I haven't had a bun in 6 mths!
i want that fruit. :)
cluckles cracks me up to no end. and it just seems paradoxical to eat real chicken with vegan dip. :) then again, i argued with shane the other day that peanut butter can never be vegan- since it comes from elephants. yes, that's what my pregnant brain has done to my reasoning abilities. it wasn't until 5 minutes into the argument that i realized peanut butter comes from PEANUTS...which elephants supposedly eat. thankfully, elephants do not make peanut butter.
then i promptly made rice kripies treats from horse-hoof laden marshmallows. nice, jen. nice.
It is always better to prevent some bacterial infection that to treat it with strong antibiotics.
[url=http://www.afterpillonline.com] It’s not very clever of you to take medications without knowing its side effects and dosage! [/url]
[url=http://www.afterpillonline.com] Don’t forget, bacteria become resistant more quickly when antibiotics are used too often. [/url]
[url=http://www.afterpillonline.com] If you are not sure about the type of infection you have, don’t hurry to take antibiotics! [/url]
Post a Comment