I promised my in-laws that I wouldn't cook anything major while they were here. So tonight I did something very easy and it was still good.
Baked ravioli (frozen covered in jarred sauce)
Steamed carrots and broccoli, tossed with fresh pesto
Whole wheat baguette slices topped with pesto and toasted
Sliced cantelope
Warm brownies
Thank goodness for convenience foods! I put the ravioli and brownie mix in the oven while I prepared the rest. The pesto was homemade, but that is so easy and so much better than jarred.
I'm slowly getting used to my new kitchen. But I do miss my gas stove.
You?
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Friday night feast:
Last night we enjyoed bbq'd brisket, huge baked potatoes with sour cream and marjarine, roasted corn on the cob, steamed artichokes, fresh berries, fresh squeezed lemonade, funnel cakes with powered sugar, ice cream -- oh, and a few hours before that feast we had kettle corn and cotton candy. Where, you ask? At the annual Orange County Fair! We pretty much ate our way through it, interspersing our eating with tons of rides, seeing the livestock, watching the pig races (the one we were rooting for came in last!), marveling over the fruit and vegetable awards, watching the milking demonstration, enjoying some square dancers and a band, and watching a hypnotist show that we thought was going to be dumb but was actually hilarious. At midnight, we took our empty wallets (all that food and those rides add up fast, although we specifically chose fri afternoon/evening because it is dollar ride day!) sore feet, sticky faces and full tummies home and fell straight to sleep! :)
Post a Comment