Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Breakfast

Clayton's parents are still in town, and we had a big breakfast before getting to work today.

Scrambled eggs with American cheese
Fried potatoes
Soy sausage
Biscuits (the so bad yet so good frozen kind)
Fruit salad with kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries
Orange juice

You?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question for Barbara:

So we went to dinner with our fabulous Lutheran Doctor friends and their fabulous Jewish friends from out of state...CA actually. On the way home in the privacy of our own vehicle, my husband asks me...Aren't they Jewish? Didn't they order Shrimp? Unclean Seafood? He was confused, and we just concluded that they are liberals! Of course by then they were already off to the airport, and we haven't asked our other friends about it...yet. Just curious!

...I have been cooking too...

Saturday Lunch: pasta shells in a white creamy cheese sauce, braised zucchini, spinach w/olive oil vinaigrette and fresh strawberries.

Sunday dinner: brown rice, chicken and mushrooms in a fresh herb and lemon marinade, steamed broccoli, braised okra & garlic, (yes really into this braising phase) fresh tomato basil salad, water melon.

angela | the painted house said...

What is braising? I've heard of it but not sure if I've done it inadvertently.

Your meals sound so summery!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that explanation Barbara!

Angela - I don't if this even technically really what I am doing, but I think I am braising when...

I lay thickly sliced vegetables all one side down on a lightly greased frying pan. They brown on one side a little, and then I turn them individually to do the same to the other side...the whole time making sure they don't turn soggy. So they end up being browned on each side, but just barely soft on the inside.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, that sounds really good. I think I'll try that.