Friday, August 10, 2007

Ol' Standby

I'm sure it is evident so far that there will be no inspired cooking here for a while. In between organizing the house, preparing for baby, and then having baby--there is little left in me to conjure up or try anything new. I stocked up at the grocery store today on convenience foods--lots of frozen stuff to get us through the next few weeks. Has anyone tried the Bertolli frozen entrees? I've only bought the gnocchi and spinach ravioli, but it is so fresh tasting for frozen. And, darn it, we move right before the baby is born with no friends here to bring us homecooked food--what a blessing that is!

Haystacks
Peaches

And I just had a bedtime snack of whole wheat english muffins with PB&honey. Yum.

You? Make me drool with your yummy dinners!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of freezer dinners, I made my own last week...

Two huge pans of vegetable lasagna. I pulled one out the other day and it was like convenience food, only home cooked yummy. Drooling yet?

I cannot imagine cooking and doing all that you are doing with a baby so on the way!!!

Barbara said...

I bet some people will surprise you with some dinners when the baby is born!

I cooked tonight -- for 120 people! We had an event at temple and I was on the food committee. It was a Hoedown bbq, and the food was yummy!

-bbq brisket on sourdough rolls
-cole slaw
-corn on the cob
-baked beans
-fruit salad
-apple pie a la mode

there's another event in 2 weeks - a "Surfin Shabbat" and Marlon and I are in charge of the juice bar, so we're going to get a bunch of different juices and some fancy plastic cups with little umbrellas and everyone can mix their own juice cocktails.

angela | the painted house said...

Wow, 120 people! I can hardly feed the four of us.

Bonnie, I did buy all the ingredients to make homemade veggie lasagnes with the intent to freeze and then then thaw after baby arrives...so far I haven't done that cooking yet!

Barbara said...

It was at the temple, not my house or anything. And I was only one of a bunch of people helping so I didn't do much! :)

Anonymous said...

Angela, from my memories of living in GA...you could just throw those veggies outside in the sun, slap a few wet noodles their way and some prepackaged grated cheese, and you would have lasagna in about...90 seconds...as early as March - this time of year, I would say maybe 30 seconds and you'll be good to go. Enjoy!!