Monday, October 29, 2007

Italian Revised

I was planning a pesto sauce tonight but discovered that I was out of garlic--oh, the horror! No garlic! So I made a marinara (with no garlic?). Thankfully I had a can of roasted tomatoes with garlic to add and some garlic powder. I know, no comparison to the fresh thing.

Tortellini with marinara sauce and fresh basil
Steamed green beans
Multi-grain bread with butter and honey
Hot, homemade apple crisp

The apple crisp was a spontaneous can't-believe-Callan-is-still-sleeping endeavor. I'm so glad I made it--and the whole 8x8 pan is now history. I'm not a complete pig...I shared it with three other people!

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Our dinner tonight PALES in comparison to your yummy and fresh meal. But we just got home today from Texas and I didn't make it to the store, plus the kids were exhausted from waking up at 1:30 a.m. CA time to make our 6 a.m. Texas time flight, plus Marlon's out of town (yes, we came home and he flew right back out again for a business trip.)

So we had:

-(canned) chicken and rice soup (I added extra steamed carrots and extra rice
-cut up apples and pears
-quesadillas with turkey, cheese and tomato

I'm still hungry so as soon as the kids are settled down for the night (right now they're getting ready for bed which is why I'm on the computer right here in the playroom)I'm going to have some oatmeal since that sounded really good on the blog! :) Or maybe some toast (from the freezer) with butter and honey on it. :)