Cooler weather is moving in finally! This was our easy lunch today while we worked on the house.
Minestrone soup (Muir Glen) with fresh spinach added
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Sliced apples
You?
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I made a recipe with sharing! :) yay. I love it when I do that.
It's called "Enchilada casserole"
We love enchiladas and I've always wanted to make them, but it sounded hard, so I never tried. I found a recipe in the newspaper this sunday, so I tried a variation of it and it was easy and delicious. It called for chicken but I substituted diced carrots and diced potatoes and it also called for homemade enchilada sauce but I cheated and used a canned sauce.
Here's the recipe:
-dice carrots and potatoes into little squares, saute with some onions in marjarine or oil until cooked and soft
-spray a 9 x 13 pan with no stick spray, then pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. (I used La Victoria mild green sauce)
-mix together carrots, potatoes, onions, 1 small can mild diced green chilis and a little bit of the sauce
-layer about 6-8 corn tortillas in the bottom on the pan, spread mixture, top with shredded cheese. Then repeat for another layer of sauce, tortillas, mixture and cheese on top
-Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I topped it with a little bit of sour cream and served with pinto beans, broccoli and strawberries.
We didn't even have dessert b/c we were so full!
p.s. I meant to say I made a recipe *worth* sharing, not with sharing. I need to proofread!
We are all getting nervous about our use of words and their spelling. It is good for us though.
Post a Comment