I made a quick little pasta dish since Clayton was at a meeting. The sauce had a really good flavor and was a nice change from tomatoes. Of course the delightful dinner was marred a bit when Juliet had a coughing fit and, you know,...all over the floor.
Farfelle primavera with spinach, carrots, peas, garlic, and onion
Multi-grain bread with butter and honey
sliced pears
I sauteed the garlic and onion in olive oil, added sliced carrots, vegetable broth, dried pasta, oregano, thyme, freshly ground pepper. I let it simmer, covered, until the pasta was tender, added water to prevent drying out. Then I added peas and spinach with a splash of cream until heated and wilted. Yum! Topped with freshly grated parmesan.
You?
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have been cooking...
Saturday lunch for the guys:
fresh veggies & dip (white radish, cucumber, baby carrots, celery)
Pumpkin soup (Used Butternut Squash) So easy to make...Steamed the squash and a few carrots, onions, potatoes...then blended smooth with broth from steamer, poured back into pan, added salt & pepper and a little heavy cream. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and spinkled parsley, served with hot panini sandwiches...French bread buttered pan side down and layered with cheese, smoked turkey, spinach, another buttered slice...browned on both sides...spread a little miracle whip inside when finished. The guys especially loved the panini sandwiches, and I especially loved the soup!
Chocolate bars
Saturday dinner:
homemade fajitas...using pan seared yellow zucchini squash, red bell peppers, fake seasoned meat, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce. It had been so long since I had made these, I forgot about Fajita sauce!
Went out for dessert...Tiramisu and pumpkin cheesecake from the Olive Garden.
Tuesday
Caribbean! I found a great premixed frozen package of very fresh Caribbean vegetables...(green beans, broccoli, red peppers and "yellow" carrots)
rice
black beans
corn bread with butter and honey
banana bread
Tonight...Stroganoff...premixed package, adding morning star farms veggie crumbles, and steamed mixed veggies on the side. Fresh celery and baby carrots, ranch dressing.
So yeah, I have been taking a little help from the store here and there to make my life easier ;) Fresh Apples (sooo sweet and crisp this year!!) and banana berry smoothies have been favorite snacks.
Post a Comment