Thursday, January 01, 2009

Good Luck!

Did you eat blackeyed peas today? Here's to a wonderful year!

Barbeque blackeyed peas
Baked red potatoes
Corn fritters
Spinach salad with carrots and vinaigrette
Pineapple, strawberries, and green grapes

I made the BBQ sauce from Veganomicon and realized today that the last time I made it I forgot a key ingredient: molasses. It was yummy and satisfied any remaining cravings I have for Goode Co. BBQ in Houston. I should post the corn fritter recipe, but I have made a deal with myself to get in bed early tonight for a solid 8 hours sleep. I need it.

You? And happy new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some healthy kitchen inspiration I think I am just going to copy you for a while!
Have you seen this website? supercook.com
you just type in whatever ingredients you have and it provides recipes, very fun!

Bonnie

Nicole said...

if you get a sec can you post or send me the corn fritter recipe. I am working on this weeks menus and that sounded like a good meal option. would this cook and freeze in advance well?

with having just accepted a job i am in need of a couple recipes I can cook in advance, suggestions?