Monday, April 20, 2009

Junk & More

Last week I made those yummy oat patties that Mindy brought us during Clayton's chemo treatments last year. I left them in the oven a little too long so they were a bit crispy but still good.
Oat patties with onion gravy
Mashed potatoes
Steamed broccoli
And I was industrious and made a fresh mango-pineapple-orange juice in the juicer...probably the reason why I left the patties in the oven too long. There is nothing like fresh fruit juice. A taste of heaven!
The kids and I went to the cottage the next day where we ate sandwiches with the oat patties and lettuce and onion and a schmear of Vegenaise. The rest of the leftover patties went in the freezer where I thawed a few for lunch on Sunday.
We've had tostadas, hotdogs, and burritos the last few days. The kids have been happy.
I forgot to post our first dinner guests at the cottage last week:
Nothing fancy, just delicious haystacks.

2 comments:

lazy susie said...

I want to live at your house and dine at your table. (And I'll bring Calvin. He can talk math with Ashton, and we can sit and wonder how their heads hold their big brains.)

Carody said...

Oh, those oat patties sound so good! I'll be trying them soon.