Sunday, May 27, 2007

Crepe-tacular!

Feeling industrious this morning, I made us a yummy breakfast.

Crepes with Nutella, strawberries, and banana, topped with Cool Whip (oh, yeah)
Stripples (fake bacon)
Hashbrowns

I wouldn't normally serve Cool Whip for breakfast, but, oh, were those crepes good. I heated up the Nutella and thinned it with milk to make a nice sauce for the crepes. Before rolling the crepes up and placing them on the chocolatey puddle, I sprinkled them with a little cinnamon and sugar. I am ashamed to say that I ate 4 and a half.

Then lunch:

Turkey, swiss, tomato, onion, and lettuce sandwiches (just tomato and cheese for kids)
Hummus and pita chips
Apple

We had a birthday party for dinner.

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Friday:

-steak strips (marrinated in bbq sauce but then cooked in the oven
-garlic mashed potatoes
-cesear salad
-fresh mellon
-for dessert: ice cream!

Friday lunch (picnic in a picnic basket -- and the food always tastes so much better out of a picnic basket!)

-sandwiches with chicken left over from thurs dinner
-grapes
-chocolate chip cookies (Famous Amos)
-potato chips
-baby carrots and cucumbers

Sat:

At a Bar Mitzvah for lunch and dinner!

Today:

Breakfast : belgian waffles using the waffle maker, with strawberries and milk

lunch - out while shopping!

dinner - friends over to bbq

-bbq'd chicken on buns to make chicken sandwiches
-served with all the condiments, plus lettuce, tomato, red onion
-homemade potato salad (that someone else brought)
-chips and homemade salsa (again someone else brought it)
-grapes and cherries (first of the season and so sweet!)
-apple crisp thing for dessert (again, someone else brought that!)
AND, with 9 kids, two grandmas over 80 and 2 dogs, we decided we needed a bottle of wine! :)