Sunday, May 06, 2007

No Cocinar

We are in Mexico--so there hasn't been any cooking to speak of in the last week. I have made a few (burnt) grilled cheese sandwiches and some PB&Js here in the villa, but that doesn't count. But please leave your menus here! We will be thinking about you all slaving in the kitchen while we eat fresh pico de gallo, salsas, tacos, mole enchiladas, etc... Hasta Luego!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

What fun - a vacation!

I've been cooking a lot and was waiting for a new post so I could share. I'm getting into this blog commenting. Maybe I'll have to start my own blog! (I do lengthy and frequent "email updates" to family and close friends - as Nicole will attest - but haven't tried a blog yet.)

Anyway, I cooked several nights last week:

Tues:

Baked chicken covered in bread crumbs (I dipped the chicken in milk, then in the bread crumbs, dotted them with some butter and baked)
Served with: sweet potatoes, freshly baked biscuits, spinach and strawberries

Wed:

Broiled salmon (just put some lemon, salt and pepper and broiled for about 10 minutes)
Served with: rice, cooked tomatoes, ceaser salad, french bread and fresh melons

Thurs:

Didn't get home from one of the kids' baseball games til 7:30, so made a quick dinner of bean burritos (tortillas, canned beans, cheese, salsa), canned corn, raw baby carrots and grapes

Friday:

pasta tossed with olive oil, fresh tomatoes and basil
green beans
garlic breadsticks (freshly baked using the pillsbury can)
dessert buffet at temple!

saturday:

went to a potluck -- took a potato kugel, ate a variety of yummy potluck foods (I love potlucks)

tonight:

ate at the Israel Festival (yum!)

Anonymous said...

I baked the Cinnamon Nut Cake you posted. It was really good. It was very pretty too. Thanks for the recipe.

Kristin said...

Have fun on your vacation!! I'm jealous. Here's what we've been eating:

Fri: Veggie Eggrolls with garlic teriyaki green beans over rice and fruit.

Sat: We went out and had a fabulous Asain Feast... it was our 12 year anniversary...but the kids had grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in ranch dressing (this is their new obsession) and cut up veggies and fruit

Sun: Pad Thai with tofu and leftover teriyaki green beans and fresh pineapple.

Tonight: I am doing a big salad bar...grilled chicken, with mushrooms and onions, and avocados on it for us...everything but the chicken for the kids. I'm also making corn bread and fruit salad.

angela | the painted house said...

Ladies, that all sounds soooooo delicious! You all should count yourselves lucky that I don't live closer...I would alternate your houses for dinner!
And, Donna, I would come to your house for breakfast since I know you have cookies...or I'd steal some of your NanNaw's bread!

Kristin--did you make your eggrolls or use frozen? I have a springroll recipe I want to try but haven't. In the meantime, I haven't found a frozen eggroll that is tasty. :( Any suggestions on brands if you are using frozen?

Kristin said...

Angela-

I did use frozen eggrolls. I used the Ling Ling brand from Costco (those contain chicken) but they are the best tasting and another brand from Costco that I can't remember the name that was vegetarian...slightly less tasty. I have a REALLY good vegetarian recipe that my sister makes alot...it has edamame in it and peanuts. I will have to track it down and post it for you.