Oh, let me tell you, the pumpkin pancake recipe that Marian posted is SO GOOD. Next time I would like to make some candied pecans or even just toasted pecans to put on top...with whipped cream! It would be like eating pie. Yum!
Pumpkin pancakes
Egg, potato, & cheese casserole with soy sausage, topped with tomatoes
Pineapple and apple
Please make yourself a batch of these pancakes.
You?
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
yeah! I knew you'd like them. What I love about them is that they're not too sweet but still like a treat. Did the kids like them?
Heck, yeah, they like them! I had to stop Ashton at 3. And Juliet kept asking for "mas nancake, peese."
Now, will I share the leftovers with them in the morning?
Nope, we weren't eating the same thing again tonight - although I WILL try the pumpkin pancakes at some point soon.
We had a swim team kick off potluck, so I cooked, but that was only a part of what we ate! I brought a pan of chicken - just chicken drumsticks to be honest because I was bringing enough to feed a bunch of people and drumsticks are so much cheaper than the boneless breasts that I usually buy! Anyway, I baked it with a marinade of sherry cooking wine and soy sauce. equal amounts of both, plus a little bit of sugar.
The rest of what we ate - wow - potlucks are great. eggrolls, dumplings, a rice thing, a mac and cheese casserole thing, garlic bread, salad, fruit, a pasta dish, another noodle dish, some desserts... quite a feast!
those pumpkin pancakes do sound good...
I cooked last night...
- wholewheat penne pasta with...
- mushrooms sauteed in olive oil,
- morning star griller burgers crumbled in,
- cheese sauce (store bought...for nachos)
- steamed collard greens for me,
- green beans for the man,
- corn on the cob
- homemade garlic toast.
Okay as you have asked for recipes and I am typing up some recipes for a friend who is frustrated with a lack of ideas I thought I would post them for you too. So excuse the number of posts I am about to make :)
Chicken Gyros with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbl. Plus 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
1 large garlic clove minced
1 tsp. plus 1 tbl. Fresh lemon juice
1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast halves,
Cut into ½ inch pieces
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tbl. Olive oil
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
4 pita bread rounds (pitas) heated
-Stir yogurt, 2 tbl dill, garlic and 1 tsp. lemon juice in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper
-Place chicken in medium bowl, sprinkle with oregano, 1 tsp dill and salt and pepper. Toss to coat
-Heat 1 tbl. Oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Suate until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add 1 tbl. Oil to skillet. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown about 10 minutes. Return chicken and juices to skillet. Add 1 tbl. Lemon juice. Stir until heated through about 2 minutes
-Arrange pita rounds on plates. Place chicken mixture on. Spoon on yogurt over.
-Good if served with hummus.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbl. Butter
2- 10.75 oz. cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2- 10 oz. packages refrigerated biscuit dough torn into pieces
-Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover.
-Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High (or I prefer to throw it in when I wake up and put it on low for longer). About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker (kids will love tearing the biscuit dough and throwing it in) Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
Finger Lickin Curried Chicken
(this is labor intensive but SOOO delicious)
1 ½ tsp curry powder
1 tsp thyme crushed
1 stalk scallion chopped
1 Tbsp jalepeno pepper chopped
1 tsp black pepper ground
8 cloves garlic crushed
1 Tbsp ginger grated
¾ tsp salt
8 pieces chicken, skinless
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 C. water
1 medium white potato diced
1 large onions
(I add carrots also although you could add any veggie)
-Mix together curry, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion and salt
-sprinkle on chicken
-marinate for at least 2 hrs in refrigerator
-heat oil in skillet over medium flame. Add chicken and sauté
-add water and allow chicken to cook over medium for 30 minutes
-add diced potatoes (and carrots) and cook for added 30 minutes
-add onions and cook for 15 minutes more
A Good Easy Garlic Chicken
3 Tbsp butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp onion powder
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt and onion powder. Saute about 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
It is now done and delicious! I take the chicken out and sauté veggies in the same sauce or use it to butter toast.
Corned Beef
3 large carrots cut into chunks
1 cup chopped celery
1 tsp salt (if corned beef you buy includes a spice packet use either it or the salt and pepper called for, I use HEB spice packet)
½ tsp black pepper
1 cup water
4 lb corned beef
1 large onion, cut into pieces
4 potatoes peeled and chunked
Half a small head of cabbage cut in wedges
-Place carrots, celery, seasonings and water in slow cooker
-Add beef. Cover with onions
-Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hrs or on high 5-6 hrs (If your schedule allows, this dish has especially good taste and texture if you begin it on high for 1 hr and then turn it to low for 5-6 hrs before going to next step)
-Lift corned beef out of cooker and add potatoes, pushing them to bottom of slow cooker. Return beef to cooker
-Cover. Cook on low 1 hr.
-Lift corned beef out of cooker and add cabbage, pushing the wedges down into the broth. Return beef to cooker.
-Cover. Cook on low for 1 more hour.
-Remove corned beef. Cool and slice on the diagonal. Serve surrounded by vegetables.
Last but certainly not least. These are DELICIOUS
Chicken Soft Tacos
1 to 1 ½ lbs frozen, boneless skinless chicken breast
14 ½ oz. can low sodium diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 envelope low-sodium taco seasoning
-Place chicken breast in slow cooker.
-Mix tomatoes and taco seasoning. Pour over chicken
-Cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs.
-Serve in soft tortillas. Top with salsa, cheese, tomatoes, guacamole (if your diet allows). We serve with beans and rice.
Nicole's recipes sound great. Since I didn't cook a *thing* today, it'll be good to have something different to take tomorrow. We were literally at the dance studio from 8:30 a.m to 6:30 p.m. Jacob and Michela had pictures for their upcomig show in 5 classes for Jacob and 3 classes for Michela and, interspersed, they had two different 2 hr auditions for two honor groups. For breakfast, we had yogurts and nutrigrain bars in the car because we were running late. We had sandwiches and smoothies during a break in the day, then leftovers from last night's restaurant meal for dinner!
Tomorrow the kids have another all day rehearsal - this time all three of them - this time for their upcoming Grease show. They'll have lunch out with the cast, but at least we'll have bfast and dinner at home! And I'll be in and out of their rehearsal throughout the day, but I won't have to stay ALL day like I did today! So maybe I'll get to the store so we have somethign in the house to actually cook for dinner!
Post a Comment