Friday, August 17, 2007

Homemade Tonight!

I don't know what got into me tonight, but I cooked a real meal and quick bread. I think my motivation is knowing that I could freeze some of it all and have handy when Callan arrives--next week! So now I have half a recipe of pecan patties and a loaf of banana bread in the freezer.

Pecan patties
Mashed potatoes
Corn
Cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries
Banana bread with chocolate chips

I had four brown bananas so I was able to double my recipe and make one regular loaf, a dozen muffins, and a mini loaf with chocolate chips.

Last night we ate at home...but I didn't really cook.

Stouffer's frozen lasagne
Green beans
Sliced apple

You?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Your meals all sound great. I was pretty burnt out on cooking after cooking all week for so many extra people, but I didn't want to go out to dinner b/c I have a cold.

So, I put the following together, which was actually a good dinner if you need something easy, quick and healthy:

-baked potatoes w/marjarine and sour cream
-plums and nectarines
-tuna made with just mayo
-baby carrots, sliced cucumbers and little sugar plum tomatoes
-ice cream for dessert

Barbara said...

Ok, I made another quick, easy and pretty healthy dinner with just stuff in the house, if anyone needs more ideas for meals like those.

I just didn't have anything "dinner like" (chicken, meat, etc.) and it's really hot here right now, so I didn't want to do major cooking.

here's what I put togther:

-black bean soup (canned, but I added some stuff to make it more homemade and it was delicious)
-quesadillas with cheese (I used goat cheese for mine, cheddar/jack for everyone else's) and tomatoes)
-cut up plums and bananas

for dessert much later - bowls of cereal since we were all a little hungry!

Barbara said...

I'm on a roll. Another quick, easy, inexpensive and fairly healthy dinner that I put together when I really thought I had NOTHING in the house to make for dinner.

-pizzas made from Trader Joes pizza dough that you just roll out, topped with cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms
-applesauce
-rice
-canned corn