Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe

Here is the link for the Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray, Angela, you are an Angel!! WOW, I did not know this was actually available, without the cost of someone's (jeeeez Americana, I have a bad feeling the apostrophe in the wrong place)life, home or job.

Barbara, have you been reading too much Jane Austen?? I blame everything on her now! She uses the word "ejaculate" in the most unusual paragraphs! I have acquired some unusual spelling habits just from reading her exclusively of late. It's time for a Jane break. Ha!

We watched that 20/20 special last
night...and I instantly thought of Barbara in S CA even though we've never met. I really hope it is under control soon. It makes one reassess the emergency go to bag that you are supposed to grab as you run out of the house.

I did make a memorable dinner the other night...

- I breaded "Fry chick" (vegetarian, really quite tasty) - Literally opened the can, separated the sauce from the pieces. Rolled each piece in plane four, and browned on both sides in a hot pan with a little oil.

- Mashed potatoes...OK I added a little organic whole cream to these as well as the milk, salt and white pepper...just a little because white pepper is so much stronger than black.

- Steamed peas.

- For the Gravy...I sprinkled a little flour in the frying pan after the Fry chick pieces were done...whisked into the small amount of oil still in pan, and added the sauce from the can. Stirred until thick and bubbly.
It was a very delicious, man pleasing, pregnant meat hating woman pleasing, easy to prepare meal.

Barbara said...

Bonnie, your meal sounds great. Angela, thanks for the recipe.

The fires did prompt a great conversation with our kids last night at dinner about what's important and what's not as far as stuff as we discussed what we'd take if we had to evacuate, etc.