Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve & Day

My menu didn't go as planned because the grocery store didn't have some of the things I needed or the produce I bought was rotten inside (yuck, makes me mad!). So no pear-pomegranate salad. No tiramisu cheesecake. Luckily I had ingredients on hand to make Fruit with Cannoli Cream--the dessert that friend Tracy served us one evening.






Christmas Eve

Lunch
Baked beans
Squash patties (that I had frozen)
Steamed green beans

Candlelight dinner
Tortellini soup
Spinach salad with pear & strawberry, pecans, etc.
Multigrain Italian bread & roasted garlic butter
Sparkling apple cider
Strawberries, blueberries, bananas with cannoli cream
Peppermint cocoa

The kids were not down with the carbonated beverage. After one sip they both requested juice. The soup is an old favorite...I need to post the recipe, along with a lot of others I've been promising! After dinner we had our nightly worship by candlelight, too; and we read the Christmas story from Luke and sang carols.

Christmas Day

Brunch
Scrambled eggs with cheddar & salsa
Potato pancakes with sour cream
Turkey bacon and soy sausage
Our traditional maple-drizzled apple muffins
Strawberries, blueberries, and banana
Milk
Peppermint cocoa

Dinner
Black bean soup full of veggies
Nachos (just corn tortilla chips toasted with cheddar)
Guacamole and salsa
Fresh pineapple and the leftover fruit from breakfast
Christmas chocolates

Even though I didn't make anything too fancy or hard, I am utterly exhausted from all the cooking and festivities--coupled with only 4 hours of sleep the last few nights. But what a fun couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela, you did put in a full day. Every dish you prepared sounds wonderful!

Peggy said...

I want some.