Clayton's menu idea for tonight:
Bean tostadas with tomato, onion, lettuce, sour cream, and salsa
Spanish rice (from bag)
Corn
Clementines, blueberries, and red grapes
I forgot to cut up my avocado tonight. Oh well, I will have it tomorrow for the leftovers lunch.
You?
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The struedels sound good, but were they hard? You know me... it has to be easy!
We've been eating a lot of clementines too. They're so sweet and delicious and, best of all, the kids can peel them themselves.
I also found these adorable little pears that are sweet and crisp -- called speckle pears.
The tostados sound like a nice change.
Tonight we had:
-grilled turkey burgers on buns with tomatoes, red onion, cheddar cheese and condiments (ketchup, mayo, salsa -- everyone puts something different on theirs)
-yummy veggies (zucchini squash, yellow squash, portabella mushrooms) that I cup up, mixed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and cooked in the oven for about 1/2 hour at 350 degrees
-potato kugel (recipe below)
-clementine and speckle pears
-for dessert: delicious and varied homemade cookies made the the teachers and hot chocolate with marshmellows at our school's annual holiday dessert
potato kugel:
It's easier and healthier than potato latkes, but is a traditional Jewish food. Take 2 boxes of potato latke mix (Streits or Maneshevitz), mix with 4 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 2 cups water (or it might be 4 cups - I can't remember... check the box) and 1/2 cup matza meal (found in the jewish section... like bread crumbs).
Mix everything together, bake in a baking pan at 350 for one hour. Serve plain or with sour cream and/or applesauce
p.s. did you guys ever notice that it's almost always Angela, Bonnie and me? Are we the only ones who cook? the only ones who eat? :)
Well I remembered to cut up MY avocado last night!! Those Tostados do sounds good though. As does that Potato Kugel.
Our dinner...
Avocado & Tomato salad
"Angel hair Spinachah". It sounds fancy anyway, what do you call garlic sizzled with a little butter and olive oil and spinach added to angel hair with sliced spicy veggie sausage on top and grated cheese?
Later, Cranberry muffins and sleepy time tea.
Barbara, from one member of the faithful few to the others ;)
I eat but don't cook so much. Glad you do because I enjoy reading what you prepare for your families.
Spinachah--nice! And, darn it, I forgot my avocado for lunch again!
The strudels were not hard...yippee!
I'm sure it is on her website...but Ill post here.
Post a Comment