But Clayton was late from work. So I had to pull something together (since it is no fun taking children out to eat when they are tired and it is close to their bedtime). I had a Stouffer's broccoli au gratin the freezer so in the oven it went.
Baked sliced potatoes with onions
Broccoli au gratin
Steamed carrots with roasted garlic butter
Strawberries, banana, and sliced apple
And when the house was blissfully quiet and the children were slumbering in their beds, Clayton and I had banana bread topped with Nutella and hot chocolate in front of the Christmas tree.
You?
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happened to be in the area and traffic was bad around dinner time, so a run into Wholefoods on my way home...for something quick and yummy...which meant I didn't have to cook when I got home!
- Hummus
- pitta bread
- ready falafels...that's how the package spelled it too :?
- cucumber...(I can't believe how different and completely delicious an organic cucumber tastes...scary what they must do to the other ones.)
- tomato
- avocado slices
- Mediterranean olives
For the drive home, I tried one of those Odwalla (sp??) soy vanilla almond flavoured protein drinks...not bad.
Post a Comment