Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Send Me to Bed Now

I made a giant pot of beef chili today for two families at Clayton's office--one for a new baby and the other family just moved into a new house. I saved a little extra for me and Clayton tonight. The cookies I made last night were for them, too. I'm not feeling well so a big meaty-potatoey-cheesy meal was just the comfort food I needed to end the day.

Beef chili over baked potatoes with sour cream and cheddar
Good ol' garden salad with all the veggies and fresh Ranch dressing
Fruit salad of blueberries, green grapes, and canned peaches
Garlic sourdough bread from the bakery
Chocolate chip cookies

I made the children an easy pasta of whole wheat penne with butter, freshly grated asiago cheese and pepper, garlic salt--it was simply yummy.

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I think my comments always had a little trash can with an option to delete. But now I don't remember.

Monday night--

had two families over for Hanukkah dinner and we had a "leftover" buffet. I put out all my many leftovers from Sat and Sun and *they* brought their leftovers from their family parties sat and sun and we had a huge, varied feast!

Tuesday night --

all the leftovers were gone. Tues is our busy day that I've renamed "canned" day. But at least it's better than a fast food restaurant. (I think!)

We had:

-tuna mixed with mayo
-fresh rolls baked in the oven
-canned stewed tomatoes
-canned green beans
-canned corn
-canned baked beans
-fresh blueberries and grapes
-leftover desserts

Tonight I had 35 moms here from the 4th grade at our school. Two other moms and I hosted, but it was here. We had an "appetizer and dessert" party. I used the good china and good crystal, so it was very festive and nice. We had wine, hot apple cider that made the house smell so good, and great conversation. We had some really, really delicious stuff.

We had ballots and people voted for best taste and best presentation in each of the two cateogories. It's too bad you guys aren't here because you'd enjoy cooking for and would probably win the contest!

One more party tomorrow night -- same thing but with 6th grade moms.