Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fakin' Bacon

I tried Vegan with a Vengence's Tempeh Bacon. Oh, so good! The secret is the marinade. I didn't use the liquid smoke since I didn't have any. I added some garlic and onion powder. And it sat in the marinade in the fridge for a good 24 hours. You must try this. Yum.

Yesterday I had lasik--but made dinner beforehand. The family ate without me while I slept. It was just a simple pinto bean and rice soup with tortillas.

D
Wraps with tempeh bacon, spinach, Vegennaise, onion, tomato, and a squeeze of lemon
Steamed broccoli
Potato salad
Fresh pineapple

You?

1 comment:

j said...

one day, i promise to make a vegan meal from your recipe box. however, at this point, it's feeling complicated- not the recipe so much as the whole "go to the store, get required items and come home" thing. :) it WILL happen!

the soup- i think i can do that. is it in veganomicon?

i HAVE made squash patties and i love them.