Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Needing Groceries in a Bad Way

We were gone all weekend so our cupboards are bare. I have cruised through four meals (excluding breakfast) with a sad line up ingredients. Barely any fruit. Fresh veggies? Whatever!

Monday

D
Lentils and couscous
Peas
Pita bread...one round to divide amongst all of us!

Today

L
Bowtie pasta with tomatoes and garlic
Broccoli
Canned peaches with fresh blueberries

D
Baked macaroni and cheesy sauce
Chick patty
Peas
Apple

The chick patty is me getting desperate. And, I posted a photo because I like keepin' it real, folks.

Now, something good. Here are cupcakes from Dulce Vegan that I ordered for Calle's first birthday. Yum-yum! They do have evaporated cane juice, but the owner said she could do agave nectar next time with more notice...I called the night before. Bad customer.

3 comments:

lazy susie said...

I went to a school open house/picnic last night where I feasted on Ruffles potato chips and part of a giant choc chip cookie. I was going to have to partake of the lemonade due to great thirst until my wonderful teen took a cup and went searching for water for me.

And then I forgot to eat real food when I got home. Not a stellar day.

Today it will be enchiladas. I think they're from Vegan with a Veng. I'll let you know.

Barbara said...

You sure can do a lot with no groceries. Most of us just pick something up when we're in that situation.

My family has been dealing with the "no cooking" status of our lives. Marlon has been making dinner and has been putting together simple stuff -- always a main dish, side, veggie and usually a fruit. Things like pasta, bean burritos, tuna salad, etc.

As for me... well, care for a packet of chocolate, vanilla, chicken soup or oatmeal anyone? :) Those are my only choices right now.But 16.2 pounds lost in 2 weeks, so it's going well. I go again tomorrow and hopefully will see more loss.

angela | the painted house said...

Go Barbara!!!