Friday, August 29, 2008

Mr. Exaggeration: At It Again

Today's pizza was good but was it really "this is the best pizza I've ever had in my life" good? According to Ashton it was. And while he wasn't digging the fake mac-n-cheese earlier this week, he fell head over heels in love with a pizza sans cheese. It was a proud vegan mommy moment. However, he gagged on his carrot sticks.

Ready to go in the oven.













L
Spinach, tomato, garlic, onion, basil pizza
Carrot sticks
Raspberries, green grapes, blueberries
Crackers with peanut butter and banana

D
Corn, red pepper, and spinach enchiladas with salsa verde
Refried beans
Red leaf lettuce salad with red cabbage, tomatoes, onion, and lime
Strawberries and green grapes

The salsa verde is from Veganomicon using tomatillos. It is good--but I always cook it a little longer after I blend in the cilantro and lime juice to tame the citrus acid. I refried the leftover beans from last night. And why does this red cabbage have a strange color?

You?

3 comments:

lazy susie said...

We had a cauliflower/potato curry over rice with tomato salad. It was the lunch that I missed out on (but stopped by and picked up leftovers). It was really good.

I'd like to try those enchiladas.

And what's with the pizza? Just throw all that stuff on and bake? Saute it first? I'm in a pizza mood, which is strange.

Unknown said...

It looks yummy! Homemade pizza is always my famiy's favorite - only it's not vegetarian.

Nicole said...

What would be your top 5 - easy to make or make ahead meals? Trying to edit my cooking habits to ease my load at the moment.