Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tastes Good, Looks Not So Good

I've decided not to post the photo of tonight's dinner since it just didn't look that great. Again, my enchiladas turned out to be more like a casserole. Oh, well. Everyone ate up.

Black bean and spinach enchiladas with roasted tomato sauce
Spicy quinoa with peas and carrots
Steamed corn
Tortilla chips and guacamole
Pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries

Ashton kept sticking the raspberries on his fingertips--looked like a miniature version of the 80s band Devo.

Okay, my eyes hurt...

You?

2 comments:

lazy susie said...

I made the Butternut casserole (with carmelized onions, chestnuts, and white beans) from Veganomicon. Fabulous! I substituted a chestnut paste that I had in my cabinet (from a Christmas basket), which made it easy.

It is my 4th recipe from the book, and all have been fabulous. I'm working on making a food blog. The Veganomicom authors have given me permission to post some recipes. Yay!

lazy susie said...

Yep, Isa said "no prob". I asked if I could post some recipes with links, that I love the ones that I've tried so far, that I'm working on a food blog, and that I'm trying to help folks figure out what to do with their CSA food so more people support CSAs. People just don't know what to do with squash.

Still working on the blog. I'll let you know when I get it going. We can each watch the other's blog so that we don't both do the same recipe. No reason to do extra work. I'll link to yours and see if I can find some more.

Anyway, I LOVE the cookbook.