Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Eatin's Been Good

Monday

L
Pappardelle pomodoro
Salad
Strawberries, blueberries, and clementines

I love this pappardelle from Trader Joe's--it's eggless.

D
Peach-cinnamon oatmeal
Skillet potatoes and chipotle sausage with fresh cilantro and onions
Corn tortillas
Sliced tomato
Strawberries, blueberries, pear, and clementines

I had every intention of having a pb&j night last night but then I was craving oatmeal and then craving something savory and before I knew it I had potatoes cubed and frying on the stove. And, I DID end up having a pb&j on my NanNaw's bread before bed--oh, glory, is that good! In fact, I'm resisting it right now. I guess I'll go finish off the fruit from dinner.

Today

D
Tomato and roasted eggplant stew with chickpeas over brown rice
Steamed broccoli
Honeycrisp apples

The stew is from Veganomicon--excellent, hearty food. I made enough for leftovers tomorrow's lunch. And, I cooked a boatload of rice in hopes that it will freeze well. I always seem to want rice 30 minutes before dinner should be ready--and one can't do that with brown rice! So I divided it up into bags and stuck it all in the freezer.

Now I'm off to strain my veggie broth for another batch of soup starters!

You?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a rice cooker? I think it cooks even brown rice in half the time.

lazy susie said...

Today I had for lunch a variety of stuff from Whole Foods food bar--roasted sweet potato, roasted beet, potatoes, peas, tofu that was blaaach, cucumber salad, tomatoes--and some veggie chips.

That was great, but I was kind of depressed because I had just visited my doc and I can no longer have my once-a-week gluten days and now must say adios to all nuts except walnut and macadamia.

By the way, your dinner party is going to be fabulous! I'm having a vegan one on the 16th. I can't wait!

Jessica said...

I know what you mean about craving pb&j for dinner. Yummy!

j said...

all right. so this seals the deal. after seeing the stew, i have determined i will be purchasing veganomicon. it is sitting on a shelf at the bookstore here in my dad's town...and before i return to the ak, i will buy that book and learn its secrets. in my non-pregnant state, i think i could handle reading these recipes and just thinking about them...but in my pregnant state, i'm starting to crave them...which will soon require actively preparing them!