
Look how pretty that vivid green broccoli is in that soup, swaddled in all that vegan creamy goodness. Tonight I used a
soup starter with about a cup of
cheesy sauce, added a chopped bunch of broccoli, the rest of last night's new potatoes, some pepper and a sprinkle of nutmeg, and called it done. And, delicious. Who misses cheese?
D
Creamy broccoli and potato soup topped with crushed crackers and green onions
Buffalo chick salad with spinach, tomatoes, celery, carrots, and dilly dressing
Strawberries, blueberries, and green grapes
I wish I had energy to make something warm and sweet. Maybe tomorrow.
You?
1 comment:
My dinner last night was a sweet potato (love 'em) and a big pile of cole slaw that was mostly carrots. It was the very last of the fresh veggies in the house. Then I scrubbed out the frig and went shopping this AM.
Yesterday's lunch was the last bit of Carrot Bisque from VwaV (so good), some artichoke dip on rice crackers, and pineapple-banana-strawberry-peach smoothies. Our little 9 yr old guest loved the smoothies. Her whole family is obese, so I hope she takes home some good food ideas to share.
Now the larder is full and some ideas are brewing...
Post a Comment