Let's see...I've made buffalo wings, tacos, and pizza within 24 hours. Next up, Spam sandwiches! Oh, man, I don't think I can even joke about that! Do I get points for at least making healthy versions of them?
Thursday
L
Buffalo chick salad with leftover corn fritters
Bowl o berries

D
Tacos with refried beans, spicy soy crumbles, fresh pico de gallo, and lettuce
Guacamole
Chile-lime roasted potatoes
Bowl o berries
Today
L
Pesto pizza with tomatoes and spinach
Strawberries and banana

D
Channa masala and vegetable masala with brown basmati rice
Warm pita bread
Oranges
Pecan-maple cookies
My first attempt at Indian food was a success! And it was the perfect comfort food on a cold night. I've been tempted left and right to eat like a maniac--must be my sadness lately. The masala satisfied me perfectly. I simmered chickpeas in a jarred channa masala sauce; but I made the vegetable masala from scratch with red peppers, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. Oh, it was SO GOOD! Next time I will make more potatoes and carrots and less cauliflower since the majority of my fam doesn't like cauliflower. You must try the recipe...when I post it...

While the veggies were cooking, the kids and I whipped up a batch of Maple-Pecan Cookies, which were actually supposed to be
Maple-Walnut Cookies, but I had no walnuts. And I had no maple extract. And I forgot to add the molasses. And, I decreased the sugar by a 1/3. In spite of all this, the cookies are fabulous! Soft and flavorful. Definitely a keeper...I can't wait to try them when I have all the ingredients right! Thanks,
Susan, for the inspiration! The bebe Callan kept himself occupied by pulling all our books off the lower bookshelves in the family room while we baked...whatever it takes to cook in a little peace!

After the kids went to bed I tried a new recipe for a Chocolate-Coconut Pie. I'm serving it tomorrow when we have guests for lunch. I think it might be good--I tried the filling before I put it in the fridge to set; but I think I will leave out the almond extract next time. I'm not much for amaretto flavors. The crust is promising: oats, toasted pecans, and whole wheat pastry flour. If it all tastes good tomorrow, then I will post the recipe.
7 comments:
Yes, you get many, many points for making healthy versions. And serving all that fruit.
Everything looks delicious. We LOVE Indian food, and yours looks really good. We prefer the cauliflower here. If you lived next door, we could swap my taters for your cauliflower. And I'd let you borrow my maple extract.
Our food blog is finally up and running. And oh, how we shall strive to be as motivated as you when it comes to cooking healthy-- every day of the week. Yes, I'm sure even your pizza is worthy of a health food metal.
Here's the link to our blog-- http://twocrowdedkitchens.blogspot.com/
hi Angela,
I just made your maple apple muffins. pretty good! just wondering if i cooked them long enogh..should they be "fluffy" on the inside or more dense?
xoxoxo,
julie
Julie, I'm glad you tried the muffins. They should be moist and light inside. Happy cooking!
It is certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.
Cool article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about this matter. Thanx for giving this data.
Sexy Lady
English escorts
Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read articles like this. By the way add some pics :)
Post a Comment