We started with pancakes today, and then I made lunch after a busy morning of yard work and laundry.
Pecan patties
Baked sliced potatoes with onions
Carrots
Pear and apple
You?
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is what's cooking tonight...like it or not.
3 comments:
So are we supposed to shrare only the meals we are proud of? Or can we share the meals that don't quite make the "healthfully taking care of your family" hall of records?
Friday night:
Girls night out for me at a friend's house (chinese chicken salad, hot appetizers, dips and chips, brownies, games and lots of wine!)
For the husband and kids:
-frozen fish sticks (at least I get the ones that are 100% fish and not a weird mix)
-rice
-brocoli
-challah bread
-little applesauce cups
Last night (Sat) wasn't much better in the health dept, as it was our 11 year old's bday party so our family and 22 of his closest friends enjoyed:
-pizza
-2 kinds of potato chips
-raw baby carrots
-red and green grapes
-bakery purchased chocolate cake
On tonight's agenda:
dinner with my mom at the rehab facility she's in while she recovers from being ill and gets physical therapy! Guest trays for $5 each and all 5 of us are going. Woo Hoo! (Of course we're going mostly to be with her, not so much b/c we're expecting the food to be fantastic!)
Back to cooking tomorrow!
I made one of those yummo Rachael Ray dinners...only using chicken instead of steak...
grilled Yukon Gold potatoes with all kinds of amazing seasoning...olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, parsley, salt & pepper.
Gilled chicken with fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt & pepper topped with...
arugula/tomato salad with...surprise surprise...olive oil and lemon juice...and I added a few avocado slices.
Frozen Fudge bars ;)
We have as far as possible over the past year or two (very gradually to begin with and now almost entirely) gone organic with our groceries. There is a VERY high rate of bone cancer in this part of the country due apparently largely to all the pesticides in the Midwest...
I personally think the organic food tastes so much more flavourful anyway...which with my past recovery any enticement to eat/keep me eating is a good thing :) The upfront cost is higher in some ways, but we feel it is worth it for the long (healthier we hope!) haul ;)
I did my week's grocery shop over the weekend at Wholefoods for $130...that included breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. Not bad at all I think especially for all organic for two people.
Hey, where is everyone? Isn't anyone cooking or eating anymore? I have 3 days worth of dinners to share but I've been waiting for new postings to comment to!
Post a Comment