Friday, May 11, 2007

The Standby

I had actually planned a different meal, but unexpected things came up so I needed easy.

Veggie quesadillas with garlic, corn, zucchini, carrot, and onion
Refried beans (haystacks leftovers)
Rice
Sour cream and salsa
Strawberries and pear
Fudgcicle for Mommy after the kids went to bed--I'm so mean!

You?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Friday night - World's Fair at our school, so yummy foods from around the world!

Tonight - Mother's Day so we went out! :)

Last night - had a mother's day bbq, so I cooked up a storm... first bbq of the season! We had:

-hamburgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill
-buns
-all the fixins (lettuce, tomato, red onion, etc.)
-homemade potato salad
-homemade pasta salad
-canned baked beans
-corn on the cob cooked on the grill (I rub it with butter and salt, wrap it in foil then grill it and it's delicious)
-southwestern cesear salad (from a bag mix)
-fresh fruit salad (melons and berries)
-homemade brownies (from a mix)
-fresh iced tea brewed in the coffee maker

I was looking forward to left overs today, but everything was all gone! :)

angela | the painted house said...

I would be disappointed, too, with no leftovers! You are a cooking machine!!!

I have thinking about corn-on-the-cob lately, too. Maybe I'll buy some this week...