Can you tell that we are so into the "deceptively delicious" catch phrase from Jessica Seinfeld's book? Anyway, tonight:
Potato soup
Whole wheat bread with roasted garlic and olive oil for dipping
Fruit salad with strawberries, red grapes, and blueberries
The soup was so creamy and delicious without any milk or dairy (those striking cows, Bonnie!). I chopped onions, celery, carrots, and garlic; and I added broccoli and cauliflower purees. Sneaky, again! I only seasoned with salt and pepper and thyme.
You?
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That soup does sound good!
Oh, speaking of cows, that report on world news tonight was hideous, but I am glad they showed it anyway. Maybe if enough people become infuriated the poor animals won't have to go through such suffering, and some despicable businesses will be shut down, and the offenders sent to prison. Whew, that's my blog for the day!!
On the easy side of cooking, when it has not been eating out, receiving lovely meals from other cooks - (including my wonderful husband who has a few staples up his sleeve!), tossing a pizza in the oven, or opening canned soup, there a few easy meals I have been able to make if I pace myself and don't do too much all at once.
Salad with lettuce, red beans, black olives, cottage cheese, baby carrots.
Pea soup with vegetables...I cut the veggies chunky and then just blended it all smooth when it was finished cooking so I didn't have to chop as much.
Rice and beans, spinach salad with strawberries and Paul Newman's light raspberry walnut vinaigrette. (The prewashed spinach, ready to go.) The strawberries lately have been really good for winter time!
Waffles, with white and wheat flour, oats, ground flax-seed, sugar, egg, vanilla. Homemade actually! Imagine me sitting back on a chair with my feet up on another chair changing the waffles out, not bad at all. I had had a mostly sleepless night again and was so bored and fed up, there are only so many books you can read, and relaxing teas you can drink.
bonnie
Post a Comment