B
Vegan granola with soy milk
Pineapple, mango, banana smoothie
L
Corn salad and greens from yesterday
Pinto beans and brown rice
D
Lentil soup for kids
Whole grain spaghetti and soy meatballs for Clayton
Steamed peas
Whole wheat toast with pb&bananas
Herbal tea
Clayton had his bone marrow biopsy late in the day so I didn't have a chance to make a fancy dinner. But I have to say that this vegetable puree business I'm doing and freezing is great! It doesn't take long to do and now I have a stash of veggies to throw into our food. I put a cube of cauliflower and a cube of broccoli puree in the canned soup for the kids and they ate it up. Just a little extra something.
You?
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Pizza, I'm ashamed to say. Good job, Punkin.
Sounds like nice meals, even though it was a rough day at the dr's.
I didn't do too badly considering I just made the pledge this morning and haven't been to the store.
Bfast:
oatmeal w/banana (no brown sugar or milk!)
mid morning snack:
whole wheat toast w/peanut butter on it
lunch:
-leftover chicken fajitas, but I did use corn tortillas instead of the flour that I would normally have used and I didn't have sour cream.
-clementines
-I skipped the one hershey kiss I normally pop in my mouth for a little sweet treat after a meal
dinner:
-salmon was my plan beforehand, so I stuck with that. It's fairly healthy even if not vegan. I just baked it in the oven with some spices and lemon juice
-roasted zucchini and yellow/orange/red peppers
-potatos cut up and "roasted" in the oven with some olive oil on them
-blueberries
-challah bread (I tried to eat less than I would normally have eaten of it...at least I'm being more conscious of it!)
-no dessert tonight for anyone. I know we won't skip dessert all the time, but we don't need it every night.
So, not a bad start. Baby steps!
Barbara, your Salmon dinner sounds so delish!
My dad tells me that Salmon is the only fish that will not survive in unclean/polluted waters! I especially like the Wild Alaskan from Wholefoods that they ship in fresh...it is like $18/pound so I don't get it too often.
Bonnie
Post a Comment