Ashton and I spent a good part of the day at IKEA getting things to outfit his homeschool room. We returned home exhausted. So I peeked in the freezer for something easy.
Mac-n-cheese (from frozen)
Steamed green beans
Leftover blackeyed peas
Chocolate-covered strawberries
The berries were on my porch when we returned from IKEA--an early Valentine's gift from my mom. Yum!
You?
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I pulled from the freezer too! Chili...
hit defrost and bake then whipped up some easy easy cornbread. My mum cooked some collard greens to go with it...
good old - and healthy actually - Southern food.
Bonnie
It's Tuesday, so you know I didn't do anything elaborate. I had a late lunch (leftover chili) and Marlon and Harrison were at baseball practice til after 9, so it was just Jacob and Michela eating. I made them canned soup, scrambled eggs, frozen waffles and canteloupe.
I ate mashed potatoes, a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes on it and a bowl of cereal around 9:30.
Wednesday:
I made a great dinner tonight!
-tuna salad
-mac and cheese
-potato pirogies (from frozen, I boiled, then lightly fried and added some onions to them)
-green beans
-corn
-sliced tomatoes
-melons (canteloupe, honey dew, watermelon)
-chocolate for dessert
Peggy,
if you are reading.....refer to Barbara's frozen pirogies.
Barbara, my sister Peggy, Angela's mom, has been requested to make pirogies for her son, Ron's, birthday this month, and she indicated it was going to take most of a day to make them. Can you say FROZEN?
I don't think Ron wants them frozen. He knows when I make them that he will have at least 50 to gorge on. I smother them in butter and onions after I boil them, then fry the rest for the next day. Dip in sour cream, yummy!
Angela, glad you enjoyed your dipped strawberries. Robin and I are feasting on his.
I wouldn't even know HOW to make them! I've never bought them before and they were quite good. Peggy, how do you make them?
Are they german? polish? italian?
I'll answer for Peggy. I believe they are polish. Am I correct, Peggy....Angela?
Yes, Polish. I make the perogie dough (found on internet), fill with mashed potatoes, butter and onions. Boil, then toss with more melted butter and onions. The next day, fry them and dip in sour cream. They are delicious, but time-consuming.
The dough has to be rolled out, cut in a circle, filled, and crimp the edges. Each ONE requires these steps. Phew!
Angela, love the new look on this site!
They sound good, but hard. The frozen ones weren't bad! :)
They sound good, but hard. The frozen ones weren't bad! :)
I've had the frozen ones before and liked them. But you know how kids are, they want Mama's homemade stuff.
Post a Comment