Monday, February 11, 2008

For Family and Baby

After we finally got all the sick kids to bed last night, Clayton and I sat down to dinner.

Oatmeal with strawberry-blueberry sauce
Cinnamon-sugar toast
Orange slices

When was the last time you had toast sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar? Oh, simple goodness.

I spent my afternoon pureeing vegetables for Callan to eat. This is my first time making homemade baby food. It was fun in a mommy kind of way. I would have used ice cube trays to freeze the sweet potato puree but I don't have any. I will buy some since it was hard to unlodge the puree "muffins" once frozen. I did recycle Callan's fruit containers to hold the butternut squash puree.






Tonight:

Hoppin' John (blackeyed peas)
Baked cheddar-garlic grits
Sliced tomatoes
Fruit salad with canned peaches, strawberries, bananas, and blueberries

I usually serve the hoppin John over rice and potatoes but saw this grits recipe that looked interesting. The grits were tasty but probably not make-again tasty.

You?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It all looks yummy. Well, I'm not sure about the grits. I don't think I've ever had them.

Last night I cooked for the first time in awhile.

-chili w/meat and beans
-fresh warm crusty bread
-spinach salad w/bacon, egg, parmesean cheese
-sliced peaches with blueberries
-for dessert: sugar cereal w/milk! :) (kid and Marlon had captain crunch, I had special K)

angela | the painted house said...

mmm...your dinner sounds delish! And it is reminding me to make the beloved spinach salad!

I just found out that there are several Trader Joe's in the Atlanta area! Please let me know your favorite products.