Many thanks to Heidi for cooking and bringing over delicious vegan food on Saturday. What a huge help that was!
Friday (post chemo special)
Spaghetti and soyballs
Steamed green beans
Saturday
L
Heidi's black bean enchiladas
Steamed corn on the cob
Red leaf lettuce with guacamole
Fruit salad with fresh pineapple, mango, kiwi, red grapes, and blueberries
Pina colada punch
Heidi's waffles for dessert
Sunday
B
Blueberry pancakes topped with bananas and maple syrup
Heidi's black bean burgers
Red leaf lettuce and spinach topped with dilled French cucumber
Heidi's potato salad
Guacamole and chips
Fruit salad
Chipotle tortilla soup topped with cilantro, avocado, and blue corn tortilla strips
Refried bean and soy crumbles tacos with red onion, cilantro, and red leaf lettuce
Fruit salad
I did make Clayton some ranchero chicken (yes, the real deal) today for his tacos--a Father's Day request. He craves meat especially during chemo when his taste is altered so much. Now that he is cancer free, I don't mind him being a little flexible now and then with quality meat. I don't like to cook it but I felt it was better to buy organic non-antibiotic etc chicken at Whole Foods then buy it prepared somewhere else. He was a happy man tonight.
You?
1 comment:
oh! is that tortilla soup recipe on your blog somewhere? i LOVE tortilla soup, but have had a hard time finding a good meatless recipe.
Post a Comment