Saucy blackeyed peas over brown rice and topped with chopped onions
Spinach and baby leaf lettuce with carrots and homemade herb vinaigrette
Fruit salad with green grapes, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and cantaloupe
The blackeyed peas were so flavorful thanks to the thick sauce they simmered in. I sauteed one small onion, four garlic cloves, 1 cup of chopped celery, and a 1 large shredded carrot. Once soft, I pureed the vegetables in the blender with a can of Rotel tomatoes and a little veggie broth. I poured the puree back in the pot with two pounds of frozen blackeyed peas--and then I just cooked the daylights out of them until they were soft, adding more veggie broth to thin occasionally.
You?
3 comments:
Sounds delish. Please post the receipt for the pancakes, esp the filled ones!
We had a good and healthy dinner:
-tilapia fish, baked with a peach/chipotle salsa and some cheese on top
-jasmine rice with pecans and dried cranberries mixed in
-roasted fresh veggies with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and oil on them (fresh from the farm - lots of squashes)
-fresh bread with butter and honey
-salad with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots and a vinegarette dressing
Barbara, I love tilapia. How did you prepare it and the salsa?
Barbara, mmm, your rice sounds delish!
I made the filled pancakes using the special round-filled pancake pan from William-Sonoma that my friend Rachael sent me. You just use any basic pancake mix, drop it into the little wells, fill with fresh fruit or chocolate or jam and then flip to cook the other side. Tasty and fun for the kids!
Post a Comment