Penne pasta with marinara sauce
Pesto pizza with roasted vegetables
Spinach salad with almonds and cranberries
Fruit salad with green grapes, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and peaches
The kids, Clayton, and I all thought the pizza was a repeat. I used Whole Foods whole wheat pizza crust; made a pesto out of basil, olive oil, garlic, pecans, and salt; spread a heavy layer of pesto on the crust; meanwhile I roasted a red pepper, broccoli, and red onion; topped the pizza with roasted veggies, fresh tomatoes, fresh spinach, and zucchini slices; baked until crust is crisp. I was impressed that the crust held up to the heavy layer of veggies and was crisp all the way into the middle of the pie. Not once while eating it did I think about cheese. And that is the truth.
And, may I say that roasted broccoli is so GOOD? I mean, I was gobbling it off the roasting pan before it could make it to the top of the pizza.
You? And, thanks for the comments! I feel so much better!
5 comments:
I'll have to give roasted broccoli a try because I'm not a fan of it plain or steamed!
sorry I haven't been commenting on Dinners Ready lately - I guess it's because we've been so busy that I haven't been cooking anything exciting!
This cheese lover would definitely eat that pizza. it sounds delicious!
Teach me to make the pizza. The ones I usually eat are a heart attack waiting to happen.
I've been lurking for awhile and really enjoy your blog. Have your tried roasted cauliflower? It is delicious too.
Post a Comment