The dishwasher saga continues--and had me screaming into a towel this evening during bathtime. Really. I fooled Juliet into thinking I was playing peek-a-boo so she wouldn't be scared of my meltdown. But, I am still cooking away. Thank you again to my MIL for washing all our dishes.
Tuesday
D
Haystacks
Fruit salad
Vegan chocolate chip cookies
TodayB
Banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothie with flax meal
Blueberry coffee cake
L
Hummus sandwich on homemade wheat bread
Cucumber slices
Chips
Chocolate chip cookie

D
Spinach-mushroom enchiladas with creamy tomatillo sauce
Black beans and rice
Fruit salad with kiwi, mango, and strawberry
And, yes, we have upgraded to fancy red plastic disposable plates.

The coffee cake is from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan with a Vengence (also the author of the divine Veganomicon). It was sweetened with a whole cup of maple syrup--which means it is one expensive breakfast cake. Have you seen the price of maple syrup lately? Sheesh. It is dense but good--especially when you think about all the bad stuff you are avoiding with a traditional coffee cake.

The cookies are from a recipe on the side of the Rice Dream carton. They are really good! Now, they aren't Nestle Toll House and it isn't necessarily health food either. But there is no granulated sugar--maple syrup again here. It was a nice little sweet treat--soft and chocolatey (the vegan chocolate chips do have evaporated cane juice).
There were rave reviews of the enchiladas this evening (except Ashton who refused to try them). Once again,
cheesy sauce to the rescue! I made a batch and saved 1/3 in the refrigerator for another use later. I heated the remaining 2/3 over the stove and added about a 1/2 cup of jarred tomatillo salsa. I poured this over my enchiladas and baked covered for about 25 minutes at 350. The filling for the enchiladas contains: mushrooms, red onions, minced garlic, and spinach sauteed until soft. I felt like I was eating something really decadent. Yum!
You?
No comments:
Post a Comment