Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Enough for a Birthright

A fitting dinner for the stories we are reading right now for our nightly family worship--Jacob and Esau. I can only hope that my pot of lentils would be good enough for a birthright. Anyway...

D
Lentils over brown rice and potatoes
Steamed broccoli, zucchini, and red peppers
Fresh, hot whole wheat bread with strawberry jam and honey
Fruit salad with peaches, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, and green grapes

So I forgot to put water in my pot with the steam basket. The veggies steamed, however, with the tad bit of water that dripped from the washed veggies. I realized this when the kitchen started to stink. So they had a little "smoked" flavor.

And the lentils were delish and easy since I used one of my soup starters. I had every intention of posting about my soup starter tonight until Clayton and I got to talking. Soon, my pretties, soon.

You?

No comments: