B
Apple oatmeal
L
Veggie sandwiches with guacamole, tomatoes, spinach, red onion, grated carrots
BBQ chips
Bowl o' berries
Clayton was craving some jalapeno chips, but all the brands at the store had either or all of these ingredients: partially hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup, and dairy. Why do chips need these ingredients. Man alive. I finally found a brand of BBQ chips that passed the test. I need a Whole Foods close by!
D
Hot dogs with caramelized onion-tomato sauce
Steamed fresh corn
Cantaloupe
Fresh, hot apple crisp
Why do hot dogs sound so delicious every once in a while? I bought the Smart Dogs, in the produce section, which are vegan--but there is a little sugar. Grr. And every single one of the hot dog buns had corn syrup. I bought the ones that had the least amount of sugar per serving.
The tomato sauce is something my mother made for our hot dogs growing up. Simply cook one sliced onion and minced garlic in a little oil until soft and caramelized. Add one 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, a dash of cinnamon, salt, and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until flavors meld. Yummy!
The apple crisp is almost as American as apple pie.
You?
Friday, July 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Imagine that. We also had the sauce with our hot dogs. It's your Dad's creation and a family favorite.
i guess we need to figure out how to make our own chips
Post a Comment