Apple oatmeal
L
Tofurky wraps with red leaf lettuce, spinach, green onion, green pepper, carrots, zucchini, and honey mustard dressing
Tomato-basil soup with crackers
Dill pickle
Peaches, blueberries, and strawberries
D
Chickpeas Romesco over brown rice
Steamed green beans
Whole wheat bread
Pineapple
The chickpeas are from Veganomicon--delicious sauce, but I didn't have enough time for my chickpeas to soften up before dinner. So they were a little crunchy still. Grr.
The tomato soup was a quick, cheater method. I blended 3/4 a (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes with 1/4 cup raw cashews. Then I heated the blended tomatoes with the remaining crushed tomatoes, added garlic and onion powder, dried basil, and freshly ground pepper. I did thin it a little with some vegetable broth. The cashews gave it that creamy body. Yum!
I also simmered a huge pot of vegetables to make more soup starters. Now I have four for my freezer. Yea!
Oh, and I promise to post the peach cobbler recipe tomorrow. I'm just too tired right now and must get to bed!
You?
5 comments:
You have been busy! I popped over from What's For Dinner to get your "not so cheese sauce". Sounds good!
Hello? You promised us a peach cobbler recipe! What gives? It's not like you are BUSY or have a LIFE or anything. I mean, you exist solely to entertain us, your faithful blog-o readers. Right?
Tee Hee
I have been doing okay with my "whole foods" eating. I have cheated a few times, but like you said, baby steps, right? Our house is fully stocked on fresh fruits, veggies, grains and nuts, and I'm having fun coming up with meals using them.
I'm also finding myself running to the bathroom a lot more. And I think I need to invest in some Bean-O.
:)
I nominated you for an award...when you get a chance stop by and receive it ! Another good recipe!
i am trying the not cheesy sauce tonights so keep your fingers crossed that it is a hit!
ANd hey between you winning that SITS prize and being nominated for an award you are having a fabulous week!
Thank you Ronda!!! How cool is that?
Nicole, can't wait to hear what you all thought of the not cheesy sauce!
Post a Comment