Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer Eatin'

Monday (Why my photos turn in Blogger, I don't know)

D
Sloppy joes
Spinach salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Steamed corn on the cob
Fruit salad with pineapple, green grapes, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries

The sloppy joes is the Veganomicon recipe made with lentils. I flubbed up on the sauce and it didn't taste like Manwich, the pinnacle of sloppy joe flavor in Clayton's mind. Still, I thought it was good--but Clayton later went out for a TB bean burrito. I didn't buy Manwich because it has a lot of sugar and corn syrup--still avoiding sugar for Clayton.

Tuesday

L
Spinach and red leaf salad with corn, red cabbage, carrots, buffalo "chicken" slices, and creamy dill dressing
Hummus and pita chips
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Fruit salad
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting

We had a picnic with friends today--who were good sports about eating vegan and fake chicken and fake creamy dill dressing and vegan cupcakes. The cupcake recipe is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World--another winner from Veganomicon's author Isa Maschowitz. I know, total girl crush. Anyway, the cake batter had a little sugar, but the frosting was sweetened with agave nectar. After I finished baking the cupcakes is when I discovered there was indeed a sugarfree cupcake recipe. Oh, well. Next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look heavenly. I've had that book on my amazon wishlist for a while now. YUM!

Heather W said...

I have to agree that the cupcakes look yummy. I had a similar dinner the other night. I made vegan Pad Thai and it was not really good. We choked it down and Craig said it was good but he didn't like the noodles. Lane tried it and then ate a PB&J. We try and then we try again. That's just what we do!!