Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hoppin' Good

Tonight was an easy one--although, I almost burned my peas! I have too much going on...

Hoppin' John (blackeyed peas)
Rice with potatoes
Carrots
Banana bread

Your dinner?

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Pancakes - again. Got my hair done so got home later than usual. Also, using some time to get ready for vacation. I love Hoppin' Johns!

Anonymous said...

wow, your mom loves pancakes!
Carody and I went to The Plaza for a romantic dinner and ate at Bistro, and Italian Grill...really we were just trying it out to make sure it was good enough to take our men at a later time!

We had...

Very authentic Pizza & Salad
...we were very taken/amused with the Italian-Chef looking guy that comes around to all the tables with specialty breads twirling a seasoned oil bottle.

(The Plaza is literally the walk-in story book of Kansas City...cute shops and architecture along a river and up a hill...horse drawn carriages, restaurants, more shops and beautiful water fountains.) We checked out some men's clothing and imagined what it would be like to dress our men up like metro sexuals. Oh, they would never go for it.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, Bonnie, if you only knew the half of it with my mom and breakfast--really her husband and breakfast!

The Plaza sounds quaint...but really a card table set up in a manure yard does too...if it means a night out without having to keep two kids quiet and happy in a restaurant!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!