Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I Don't Like This!"

As much as Ashton loved last night's meal he hated tonight's dinner. It also didn't help that we ate later than usual, making him tired and cranky and consequently less willing to try something new. Oh, well. Clayton and I enjoyed it.

Veggie pot pie
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced apple, banana, and orange

Look at these beautiful biscuits and creamy filling--what's not to love? Crazy Ashton.

Ashton and I spent two hours at Whole Foods Market today. I haven't been in one since we lived in Houston; and, oh, I enjoyed being back...even if my checkbook took a major blow at checkout. I wish I had made a list or had certain recipes in mind while shopping to take advantage of all the wonderful things to buy. I did buy these incredibly yummy cream cheese biscuits there today from the frozen section. They aren't low in fat but at least there isn't any trans fat like the Pillsbury frozen biscuits. I also bought some flax meal to start incorporating in recipes.

For the pot pie filling I sauted chopped onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes, and leftover green beans from last night. When the veggies were crisp-tender, I added flour to coat, salt and pepper (lots of freshly ground pepper), thyme, a little sage, and then milk. Once thick, I poured into a casserole and topped with frozen biscuits. I sprinkled with a little dried parsley (fresh would be better) and more freshly ground pepper. Then baked at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Yum-yum! Reminds me of when Bonnie seductively described her chicken pot pie.

You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazed Ashton! My mouth is watering. Sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

that looks beautiful and yummy!