Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Family Is Back Home

But we are all still a little sick, so I did something easy.

Baked ravioli
Steamed peas
Fruit salad with blueberries, strawberries, green grapes, and canned peaches
Shortbread cookies (store bought)
Mexican hot cocoa

In the middle of dinner tonight Ashton pointed to the fruit salad and said, "The fruits are in the Uno colors: red, green, yellow, and blue!" That would be the card game Uno--his latest obsession. We play it all the time.

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Our latest obsession is the new game of Life - Life's Twists and Turns. More modern than the old version that we also have and play and very fun. We've been playing it for hours!

I've been cooking, but haven't been able to post comments on the dinners ready site for some reason.

Now I don't remember everything I've been cooking. We've been kind of alternating between eating home and going out.

I made a nice dinner on Christmas eve, even though it wasn't a special day for us:

-honey baked ham
-sweet potatoes
-stuffing
-green beans
-cinnamon apples
-french bread

ONe night I made enchiladas, salad and fruit. One night I made spaghetti and meatballs with broccoli and fruit. One night I made baked chicken with rice, canned peas and carrots and fruit. (We always have some sort of fruit.)

On new year's eve, another family came over and we had an appetizer fiesta:

-tequila sunrises and margaritas
-tortilla chips and salsa and guac
-potato chips and onion dip
-hummus and pita
-cheese and crackers (3 different kinds of cheese, 3 different kinds of crackers)
-spinach dip in a bread bowl (Sheperd's bread, which was great)
-mini cheese pizzas
-mini spinach spanikopitas
-mini cheese and mushroom quiche
-mini tartlets with cheese and carmelized onions
-little chicken nuggets
-little meatballs cooked in spaghetti sauce in a crockpot
-for dessert: chocolate fondue with pears, bananas, strawberries, marshmellows and pound cake

Yum!