Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Most Beautifulest Family

Hey, I didn't say it. Ashton did. And I'm not going to argue with my child. Spontaneously during dinner he leaned toward me and said, "My family is the most beautifulest family I ever had in my whole life world."

Cottage cheese loaf
Potato crepes
Corn
Greek salad with feta, red onion, tomatoes, and cucumber
Multigrain bread with butter and honey
Strawberries, oranges, and banana

The crepes were extra I made a few weeks ago and put in the freezer. I planned on posting recipes tonight, but now it is late...soon, soon.

You?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Don't kids say it best? His comment is priceless.

We had a great dinner, but I can't take much credit because it was mostly frozen. But I heated it up well! :)

-veggie multi grain lasagne from Trader Joes, a new high-fiber super healthy frozen one that was delicious!
-frozen eggplant parmesean from Trader Joes (also new, also delicious)
-turkey meatballs (also frozen from trader joes) that I heated up in jarred marinara sauce. I wasn't sure the kids would like the other dishes, so I wanted something for them, but they liked everything else, so they hardly ate the meatballs, so we have them leftover for meatball sandwiches tomorrow
-challah bread
-baby carrots with ranch dressing
-jarred peaches
-for dessert: mint chip ice cream with pecans on top

Anonymous said...

That is nice and truly sweet that Ashton is aware of how good he has it, or at least sarcastic beyond his years...where you say...you are my favorite husband etc...when you are not a polygamist...duh, you are the only husband...but had better be the favourite anyway!

...Barbara, what a feast! Oh, and in answer to your question...I don't know what I had, except painful weak lungs, coughing, sinus, dehydration, contractions, but an antibiotic seems to have cleared me up)

Energy not up to par yet, but getting there. A few meals out, and easy snacky stuff, but have cooked a little. So on that delicious note...

Does everyone know? how good Angela's Christmas Maple Muffins are pulled from the freezer and nuked and drizzled with butter. Nice for breakfast over the weekend. Also good, French toast, made with egg, milk & vanilla...buttered pan, browned on either side, dipped in 100% pure maple syrup, banana slices.

Dinners:

1.
mashed potatoes
fry-chick rolled in flour and pan fried
steamed broccoli
salad
sour dough bread & butter (can you tell I needed some comfort food, (after all that Ensure)
Fresh Blackberries & strawberries with whipped cream for dessert. I know, I know, big spender on the berries. I have actually found some OK deals on berries even in January. I love berries.

2.
Buitoni wholewheat stuffed with 3 cheeses pasta
Pesto sauce & grated cheese
steamed yellow banana squash, boo, Clayton.
salad
the fresh berries with Lemon Cake from Caleb's amazing Grandmother and whipped cream.

3.
Last night...left overs from the comfort meal, only glazed carrots instead for the vegetable (Caleb's favourite, I make them with brown sugar and butter.)
chocolate silk pie for dessert.

angela | the painted house said...

When Ashton was saying that, I was trying my best to remember every word since I sensed it was going to be a keeper...and then he ended it with "life world!" Bonnie, I'm so glad that you are going to experience a young, inventive mind soon to delight you and Caleb to no end.

Barbara, I wish we had a Trader Joes nearby! Everything you get there sounds so good! I'm sure there is a Whole Foods or something comparable in Atlanta, I just need to make the trek there and explore.

Oh, and can you tell us how you make your latkes?

Bonnie, sounds like you've been doing a lot of cooking for a sick little girl. We never have any muffins leftover to freeze. :( But I wish we had some in the freezer right now--that sounds so good for breakfast. And I was looking for some Fri Chik at the store the other day because it sounded so good for a change. It's been forever since I've cooked it. But, alas, no Fri Chik at Publix (is that not the worst name for a grocery store or what?).