Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mmm, Mmm, Good!

We are talking soup. So good. From Vegan with a Vengence. Of course.

Tuesday

D
Louisiana cajun fettuccini with red peppers, red onions, and peas
Steamed broccoli
Homemade whole wheat bread with honey and margarine
Bowl o berries

Wednesday

D
White bean and roasted garlic soup
Spinach and red leaf lettuce salad with celery, red onion, red pepper, carrots and herb viniagrette
Whole grain bread from Panera
Berry and banana salad

The soup was so delicious! And, easy, too. LOVE THAT. The bad thing is the recipe is small and I should have made a double recipe. Now I know. It calls for two bulbs of roasted garlic--so be glad I am telling you over the Internet and not in person. You know we love garlic here.

Oh, things have just been working out swimmingly here lately--leftovers for lunch. I don't seem to be a slave anymore. I'm getting my groove. I can wait thirty minutes before dinner time to decide what to cook. I have vegan tricks now. This is a good thing.

You?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm continuing to cook this week.

Tonight we had a vegan meal! (well, almost, if it wasn't for the cheese)

bean burritos w/beans, cheese and salsa

steamed spinach

raw baby carrots and cucumbers

fresh berries

Unknown said...

oh it's so liberating when you finally reach the point in your vegan cooking where you're not the slave! I felt like the gray cloud finally went away when it was time to make dinner!

So this week I'm going to pick up Vegan with a vengence, my sweet vegan and vegan cupcakes. I think we've tried a good amount of recipes from vegonomicon and need some new recipes!

That soup does sound yummy!