Sunday, July 06, 2008

Special Delivery!

For the last four chemo treatments, Heidi has brought food over that either she or Mindy has made. This helps me out tremendously as I take care of Clayton and kids during this post-chemo weakness. Thank you, Heidi and Mindy!

Saturday

D
Pinto beans and Spanish rice
Chili con "queso"
Guacamole and tortilla chips

Sunday

L
Tomato soup
Dilly cucumber-tomato salad over spinach
Corn bread
Fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and kiwi

I made a jug of decaf iced tea sweetened with agave nectar that we have just guzzled down. And, this evening, the kids and I escaped the house and had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant that totally rocks. I had the falafel pita and brought home a burrito for Clayton that was stuffed with black bean chili, tons of veggies, and the best darn tofu I've ever eaten.

You?

3 comments:

S Club Mama said...

Your pita sounds way healthier than my Pizza Hut leftovers....ugh

Heather W said...

Where can I get a Heidi and Mindy? What awesome people and the food looks great!!!

Christina said...

Mmm! The pinto beans and rice look yummy. We had canned cheese ravioli tonight. Early peas and fruit might have redeemed the meal a little.

Glad to hear that your dh has been released from chemo.

Thanks for stopping by our blog.