Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dinner in New Digs

We bought a new table for the dining room last night so we ate dinner in there tonight for the first time.

Italian vegetable soup with cheese crackers
Fruit salad with pear, banana, and canned peaches

The base of the soup was the leftover spinach-marinara sauce from last week. I had put it in the freezer. So while the sauce defrosted in the microwave, I sauted potatoes, grated carrots, and celery. I added a can of kidney beans and let it simmer just to soften veggies and then it was done with a sprinkle of parmesan and black pepper on top.

Our favorite cheddar crackers--no trans fat or other yucky stuff.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

The photos are such a great addition to this blog!

Sounds like a nice dinner and looks nice at the new table.

We went out for dinner to TGI Fridays and had pastas (I had a portabello mushroom pasta that was really good!). Then we went to the performing arts center to see Hairspray, which is one of our favorite musicals of all time. It was really good and the kids and I were be-bopping in our seats. (Marlon not so much :) We had dessert of cookies and little ice cream sundaes from McDonalds as we drove the 1/2 hr home and now it's to bed we all go!

Anonymous said...

that soup sounds really good, and your dining room is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes the soup looks delicious! I like the chairs just that color. So retro?

Natalie said...

We love your new table. I always have an IKEA list going, I think! How I wish I could find those crackers!?