Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beans, Beans, Good for the Heart!

We enjoyed two vegan meals at restaurants yesterday with Clayton's parents! O, happy day! And today was easy...but my camera battery died right when I went to take a photo of the food.

Saturday

B
Apple-cinnamon oatmeal
Whole wheat toast and honey

Sunday

L
Red & green pepper, onion, and seitan fajitas
Pinto bean-corn soup with blue corn torilla crisps
Pico de gallo and guacamole over red leaf lettuce
Pineapple-banana-mango-strawberry smoothies

D
Haystacks with pinto beans
Green grapes
Apple slices dipped in peanut butter and honey

You?

3 comments:

Heitkampfam said...

Hello Angela!

After a day like today, I might just GIVE you two chihuahuas!!

Is your haystack recipe on your blog? You inspire me to eat more healthily--hmmmm...is that a word?

Tawnya from Fishers, IN

Nicole said...

When you set up your blog and link to the right old comments for recipes how do you link to comments??

angela | the painted house said...

Tawnya, I think I have posted the "mechanics" of the haystack here...but I didn't link it, bad blogger that I am! It is basically like a taco salad. You start with a simple foundation and add other toppings at whim. My favorite haystack has the following:

Fritos
Pinto beans
Lettuce
Onion
Tomato
Salsa
Guacamole
Cilantro

When we weren't vegans: cheddar cheese, sour cream.

We also aren't doing Fritos now--organic corn tortilla chips work fine.

Nicole, I'll email you.