Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Dinner...And A Seek-n-Find!

Another beautiful spring day in the South!

B
Banana-raspberry-blueberry smoothie with flaxseed meal

L
Leftovers from Sunday
Green grapes

D
Whole wheat spaghetti with spicy-garlicky marinara
Steamed broccoli
Spinach and red leaf lettuce salad with carrots, red cabbage, toasted pinenuts, red peppers with balsamic vinaigrette
Banana-walnut waffles with maple syrup, strawberries, and bananas

That's right, people, spaghetti and waffles for dinner! Clayton has been craving waffles so I thought it would make a nice dessert. O. So. Good. The house smelled divine while these bad boys baked in the waffle maker. Another successful recipe from Veganomicon! Have I told you today, Veganomicon, how much I love you? I do.

The day was so beautiful we ate dinner outside. Then we put the kids to bed and ventured back under the trees to enjoy our hot waffles for dessert. Flowers, waffles, bird watching, a cool breeze--a nice evening with my honey.

And, now, your seek-n-find! The family and I ate to the sound of a woodpecker fast at work on one of our trees. Can you find him???
Here he is!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh, the pictures make me hungry! You're doing a great job!

We have a woodpecker, too. Ours actually has the red head.